Facts About Glass Packaging
· Glass packaging is made from four ingredients: sand, soda ash, limestone, recycled glass.
· Glass is endlessly recyclable.
· Glass packaging is 100% recyclable and can be recycled infinitely without loss of quality.
· Glass is odorless and flavorless. It doesn’t interact with the contents it holds and preserves the taste of the foods and beverages it protects.
· Glass is the only widely-used packaging material considered “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
About O-I Glass, Inc.
Our master-makers use science and art to transform four natural ingredients —sand, soda ash, limestone, and recycled glass—into millions of different glass bottles and jars that excite consumers, help customers build strong brands, and provide value to our employees and stakeholders.
O-I Glass has been at the leading edge of innovating glass packaging and transforming the industry since 1903. The International Year of Glass is a recognition of the people and products that transform our lives every day. Contact Jim Woods with O-I Media Relations to connect with subject-matter experts, data, and other key information.