O-I Privacy Notice
This privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) describes the personal information which O-I and its affiliates (collectively, “O-I”, “we” or “us”) may collect, how we may use that information, with whom we may share this information and the choices that you can make regarding our use of such information.
Information that identifies you, or from which you are identifiable (your “personal data”) may be processed by (or on behalf of) O-I, for recruitment, employment and related purposes.
We have put in place the necessary technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data secure.
All the personal data we hold, including sensitive personal data, is stored and processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The data controller of your personal data is the local O-I company in the country of your application.
Personal data collection
You may provide personal data (such as your name, address, e-mail and employment information) by sending those data to us. You may also upload documents such as covering letters, CVs and references via the dedicated website. Please do not submit any personal data which are not necessary for the described purpose or any sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religion, etc) as part of your application, unless specifically requested by us to do so.
Purposes of processing
Your personal data may be processed for the purposes of:
• processing your application for employment;
• determining whether you would be suitable for other positions available within the O-I Group;
• creating and maintaining employment records;
• conducting background investigations, where permitted by applicable law;
• performing other processing activities that are required or permitted by applicable law;
• any additional purposes set out in any application forms you complete; and
• if you are successful in your application, your personal data may be processed in connection with your employment relationship with O-I, subject to the terms of your employment agreement.
O-I recruiters worldwide may be able to see your personal data that are processed in connection with your application.
Personal data retention
O-I will retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for your employment application, taking into consideration our need to answer queries and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s).
We may retain your personal data for a maximum of 12 months to be able to contact you should a suitable job opening occur in the future. If you do not wish to be considered for future employment opportunities, we will delete your personal data at your request.
International transfers of personal data
O-I is a company that operates worldwide and we may transfer your personal data to jurisdictions other than the jurisdiction in which you are based, but we will do so only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. When we transfer your personal data to other jurisdictions, we do so in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
You may revise or deactivate your candidate profile at any time. You may also have the following rights, subject to applicable law:
• the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data that are processed by O-I or on O-I’s behalf;
• the right to request correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data;
• the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data;
• the right to request information about the existence of, and an explanation of the logic involved in, the significance of, and any envisaged consequences of, any automated processing of your personal data that has a legal effect, or a significant effect, on you;
• the right to request that your personal data are deleted;
• the right to complain about the processing of your personal data to a Data Protection Authority.
If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal data, or the exercise of your rights under applicable data protection laws, please contact the local O-I company in your country of application or via the dedicated website for the employment application.