This week brings good news for beer fans. Goose Island Brewery says it’ll release its insanely popular bottle lineup of 2020 Bourbon County Stout variants on Black Friday, its traditional release day.
If you’re a beer lover, you’re likely very familiar with Bourbon County Stout. It’s the kind of beer release that gets people out of bed well before dawn to lineup at a beer store to score a few bottles.
Goose Island releases new versions each year, so once they’re gone, they’re gone. Each variant offers different flavor profiles based on ingredients as well as the barrels they’re aged in, which you’ll see in the 2020 release list below.
The brewery posted a teaser image of seven unlabeled Bourbon County Stout glass bottles on its social media pages Monday, Aug. 10. They didn’t keep fans hanging too long and revealed its upcoming 2020 Bourbon County Stout bottle lineup the next day.
Bourbon County Stout comes in a glass bottle as recognizable and iconic as the beer itself. The deep amber bottles, made by O-I Glass, have a paper label on the neck to identify the variant, but no additional large paper label on the front or back. Instead, the brewery’s name is embossed on the front of the bottle. It’s a design nod to traditional, simple yet elegant glass containers.
“With each sip of BCS we want fans to be taken on a journey through flavor profiles and nuances that are thought-provoking and truly unique,” says brewmaster Keith Gabbett.
Mark your calendars for Black Friday and clear out some space in your beer cellar. The 2020 lineup will feature bottles of seven variants:
- Original Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Bourbon County Kentucky Fog Stout – Tea-inspired variant
- Bourbon County Special #4 Stout – Oatmeal stout variant infused with single-origin coffee beans
- Bourbon County Caramella Ale – A wheatwine with flavors reminiscent of a caramel apple
- Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout – Inspired by the flavors of spumoni, a traditional Italian frozen desert
- Birthday Bourbon County Stout – Aged in barrels of limited-edition Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, one of the most sought-after bourbons in the world
You can get more info on each 2020 Bourbon County Stout on Goose Island’s Facebook page.
Photo Credit: Goose Island Brewery/Facebook